Monday, August 9, 2010

Memories never go away

Well, I decided to start a blog, simply for the fact that I miss writing… And well it's about time I start again. Where I am in life one might ask, and well I would reply that I'm just learning to not keep looking onto the pass and knowing there will be many more chances in life ahead of me.

One can easily say though, the past never goes away… and no it doesn't. It simply becomes a part of who we are and who we want to be. So many times we want to get rid of our past mistakes or failures, that we search for ways to hide who we used to be, but in reality we never change our personalities, we only change habits and goals. When we so often try changing who we are (many times to trying to get others to notice us) we lose track of who we truly are.

Lately I have been thinking about this; why do want to change, and is it ever truly possible to change who we are? Is our personality innate? Of course, like any other aspect of life, there are so many questions with so little answers. However, this doesn't stop me trying to look deeper and find some sort of answer… Back to change, I can say for so very long that I've been in my own search of having a makeover of my personality. WHY THOUGH>>> Because I thought that for someone to like me, I had to change. NONSENSE!!!


EVERYONE LISTEN CAREFUL: We must learn to love and accept people for who they truly are.

* Stop trying to change people to fit your ideal friend, teacher, lover, boss… etc.

* Stop thinking you have to change for someone else as well.

When we meet someone new, it's hard to not want to change for them. But if we keep changing, no one is ever going to learn to love an individual for who they truly are.


I know Shakespeare had said, "All the world's a stage," and many sociologists would agree every moment we are upon someone else, that we put a certain act on. Maybe they are right, we have certain acts we have to play (daughter, teacher, employee, father, friend, wife….), but shouldn't through each of these roles, we still come out to be the same person? Tell me if I am wrong.

My memories stand dear in my heart, and through every role I encounter, I stay true to myself and others as well.

I'm excited to be writing again, as it used to be my own very scapegoat. This blog will be my new place to not vent, but to write the inspiring words of my heart, and motivate myself to become a more loving and giving person.

"The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you can alter, even by a millimeter, the way people look at reality, then you can change the world."
-James Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment